Sunday, August 18, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Mom and Tobi
 
Friday I worked 1/2 day and then my mom came over to spend the day with me and the kitties. Tobi especially loved the extra attention. Is it me or does he look huge here! We went to Goodwill to hunt for some deals. I got a hoodie and two sweaters for the fall, one being a brand new cashmere sweater from Old Navy, score. I also got a Serta Sheep, #55 and a Weight Watchers cookbook. Mom also got clothes and a few other stuff. After that we went to Panera for a yummy lunch. I had the Poppy Seed Chicken salad which I highly recommend and the Summer Corn Chowder. Mom had a Tuna sandwich and Broccoli Cheese soup. We split a fruit tart and strawberry rhubarb cake. Yum!! After that we hung out at home and caught up.
 
Saturday I did the Rally for Autism 5k, which you can read about here. I was woken up that morning at 5am by the smoke detector battery dying. Fun times, so I wound up falling asleep on the couch while we watched the Cardinal/Cubs game. For dinner we went to one of our favorite sub shops, Penn Station East Coast Subs in Grayslake. I had the Dagwood where you make your own. Mine was turkey and all the veggies, Justin had the Italian and we split the fries. We even had a coupon so my sub was free.
My turkey Dagwood

Justin's Italian

Attack the fries!

It's so tasty!
Afterward I read some magazines and we watched Friday's WWE Smackdown.
 
Sunday was full of cleaning. We knocked out the kitchen and the bathrooms. We also headed to Goodwill to drop off some donations and to Garden Fresh for fruit and Cannoli.
Guido loves pineapple and could not wait to get his mouth on it.
 
For dinner I made a Weight Watchers Sausage and Mushroom stew recipe from the Weight Watchers in 20 minutes book. So good, we had it with everything bread.
 

Dinner with Sprecher Hefewisen

Close up on soup
 
How was your weekend!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment