Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Vacation Day 1- Minneapolis, MN

 I have a lot to say about vacation so I will create one post for each day.  Mainly because they are super picture heavy.  Enjoy!

June 13th, 2012: Time for the much anticipated vacation to finally begin!  We headed on the road at 9:30am on Wednesday with our final destination being Minneapolis, MN, well the suburb of Bloomington.  A place Justin has been to once 15 years ago and I have never been.  I started reading a pretty good book on the way call the Night Circus.  



I am not super far into it but so far it is a pretty good read.  About 3/4 the way there we stopped for lunch in Black River Falls at KFC.  Now you might think this is weird but this indeed was my first trip to KFC.  I had a grilled chicken sandwich which was pretty good.  This one had a buffet and on that buffet was fried okra, needless to say I was disappointed you had to buy the buffet to get the okra, damn.  
This was inside the KFC

We finally pulled into Bloomington, MN around 3:30pm that afternoon.  We stayed at a very nice hotel called the Best Western Plus, it certainly exceeded my expectation.  I got a good deal on it at only $119, this seemed really reasonable because it was directly across from the mall and it had a pool and full complementary breakfast.

After we checked in we walked across the street to the largest mall in America... the Mall of America!!

Our hotel was right outside the Macy's so it was a simple walk right across the way.  At first I did not realize how big the mall was.  The area near the Macy's is only 2 floors.  Then you turn a corner and it is 4 stories high.  Then you see the amusement park, which is unbelievable. 
Microsoft Store
Lego Store
Spongebob Statue


Spongebob!


Flying Dutchman
I really wanted to see Spongebob while we were there, I always loved the cartoons and was so happy when I got to see him.  Some of the fun stores we went to were the Vikings Store:

Not a Viking Fan but the hat was fun.
This sports store seemed to be where all the Giants v Patriots left over tee shirts went to die.


and the Peeps store where I got my mom this haul:


She should be set for awhile with 8 boxes worth.
I also got these two charms from Fossil.  I really wanted the lobster and I did not even know they had the NYC one.

We only spent a few hours at the mall since I knew we were going back Friday.  For dinner I had Quiznos and Justin got Burgerking.  After the mall we headed back to the hotel to go relax in the pool and hot tub.  This awesome indoor pool was part of the reason I picked this hotel and it was worth it!

It had a kiddie pool with zero deepth, a full size adult pool, and a 14 person hot tub all indoors.  We just relaxed there for a few hours then headed to bed to watch XMen First Class, it was pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment