Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Happy Fat Tuesday and Paczki Day to all!
 

This year we ordered two King Cakes (one to bring to work and one for home) and a Maple Bacon Paczki from Lovin Oven Cakery in Round Lake Beach. Growning up in Memphis we always had king cake at school on Fat Tuesday. Oh the maple bacon paczki was so good! As usual I thoroughly enjoyed the king cake as well.
 
I brought the one king cake into work today and apparently almost all of my co workers were leery of the king cake, they had never heard of a king cake, were confused on why it was colorful, and of course were a bit freaked out that there is a baby inside. After insuring them it was like a colorful danish and that no one would choke on the baby, people dug in and enjoyed the cake. I guess next year when Khalid (he found the baby this year) and I bring in the cakes we will need to provide a little history on the king cake tradition! Eat up friends!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment