Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Biggest Loser 10k Race Recap

 
I'm back from my blogging break, well hopefully. Days just always seem to go by so fast! August 24th I ran my 2nd official 10k, the Biggest Loser Six Flags 10k. Packet pickup was small the day before at Sport Authority. I got a nice shirt and a draw string bag.
I arrived at the park around 6:30 as the race began at 7am at Six Flags Great America. I met 2 ladies from my Mom's Run This Town group Michelle and Julie once I got to the park.
I was surprised how few registrants they had for the race. I think they said only 500 or so, small for a national run. My friend from work Heather was also doing the race with her sisters.
 
The 10k had a disadvantage as it was just the 5k route run 2 times. Also only about 2 miles of the 10k were through the actual park. I was also surprised how few water stations there were and race support. Below are my pros and cons of the race:
 
Pros:
Smaller race and easy to spot friends
Nice medal, it spins!
Nice shirt
 
Cons:
No porta potties, had to use the one bathroom in the park that was open
Few water stations for such a hot day
Most of the race not in the park but in the parking lot
I got lost, route was not marked so well in places
No one cheering on course
 
I finished in 1:14:00 note I ran 6.4 not 6.2 and it was humid as can be.
 So I am sure I would be around 1:13 for 6.2. Would I run this race again, probably not but I would run another Biggest Loser one.
 





 

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment