Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Holidays- Part 2

Monday the 23rd we packed up the car to the tippy top with stuff to bring down to central Il. We had some much to bring we barely had room for the 3 of us. We took P to gymnastics and then stopped quick at McDonald's for dinner before putting her in her PJs and in the car. Thankfully it was an easy drive with almost no traffic. Once we got to Deer Creek, P woke up and met Justin's Parents. I let her stay up a bit before heading to bed.
Tuesday the 24th we went to our friend's Sarah and Joel's to see them and exchange gifts. Beforehand we went to Sonic because I had a hankering for hot dogs and a slushee. Just a note, the East Peoria Sonic has to be the SLOWEST one I have ever been to! We had a great time seeing Sarah, Joel, Sarah's mom, sister, and boyfriend. We wished we could stay longer but were glad we got to see them even a little bit! Afterwards we got pizza from our favorite place down there, Monical's and sat and talked to Justin's Uncle Bug and Uncle Al.
Sweet Dandy Cat

Justin and his uncle

Shadow Dog
Shadow dog was quite popular with P this week, I think she was missing the kitties. We put P to bed around 8pm so she could get in bed for Santa to come. We stayed up and Justin played the WWE 2K14 and I knitted my scarf.
Christmas morning P slept until 8:30, I am not even sure she remembered it was Christmas! We went downstairs and she saw Santa had left her a doll she asked for, she was so excited. Around noon our nieces showed up and the girls colored. Justin's sister can shortly after and Uncle Al came back to enjoy Christmas dinner with us. We had quite the feast!
Oh I bought myself an early Christmas Present for Thanksgiving, a D3200 DSLR camera and took over 300 pictures on Christmas. I love the camera and I am so glad I got it!

 This year almost everyone got hand made scarves by me. Justin and I got his dad a Nook, which he loved. The girls all got Stuffees and P got a LeapPad2 which she loved! I think Christmas was good to everyone this year! After opening gifts the kids played with their toys, they had fun feeding and changing the Baby Alive. P got to stay up until 8:30 then she headed to bed, we did not want to stray too far from her schedule. I soaked in the hot tub and watched tv (the hot tub is in the garage) and Justin played a little WWE then headed up to bed too.
Thursday we had some family come over to visit and hang out prior to us packing the car and heading home. It was a busy but fun 3 days, but as always we were glad to be home and see the boys. P survived her first trip to Peoria and had a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment