Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up- Race Expos and Outlet Malls

This weekend was quite eventful as it was my first ever Half Marathon, but that deserves its own post of course.
 
Friday my friend Kelly and I took L with us up to Milwaukee to pick up our race packets. It was a girls day! The packet pickup was at the Italian Center in Milwaukee and was well organized. This was the biggest race expo I had been to. We got our packets in seconds and walked around. I got a 13.1 race magnet and sunglasses and Kelly got a sweatshirt and sunglasses. L made me a running sign. I was going to buy the finishers shirt but we thought it would jinx us from finishing.
 
Once we were done we headed down to Panera and had lunch. I tried the steak power salad and it was excellent! L had the Turkey sandwich and liked it a lot. Once we were done we went to the outlet mall for a bit. The only thing I got was two new Coach purses:

I am currently using the shell purse and are loving it for summer! L was getting a bit stir crazy at the outlet mall so we did not stay long!
 
Saturday was the race, I'll blog about that in the next post. Sunday I was recovering. I took L to the pool for a bit, the water helped my legs feel so much better! Other than that we relaxed and recovered from the weekend.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment