Monday, June 10, 2013

2013 Aon Global Service Day

 
This year was the first year I had the opportunity to participate in my companies global service day. I had done service with work before, but never on a day where other employees around the world were also doing service. Twelve of us went to our local Habitat for Humanity on June 6th to help out for the day. The weather was bad so we were fortunate to get to work in a house donated to Habitat by a bank. The house was in great shape and just needed some refreshing to the upstairs but, due to flooding, a lot would need to be done to the basement.
 
This is my group in front of the house, after a long day of getting dirty and working together!

 

Our leader for the day Brian showing me how to take the door frame out. Yes I am wearing a sweatshirt in June, it was in the 60s.
 
I think I got it! I managed to rip out 2 door frames.
 
 Taking out the drywall garbage
 

Tearing down a shed

Blurry pic of us in the kitchen

Ripping out the drywall

 All done for the day, getting ready head out
Tweeting and Texting our pics
 
I can't wait to do it again. I had a good time, helped out a great organization, and learned some home repair stuff!
 
Does your company have a service day, if so how have you helped out?
 
 
*Thank you to John and Keri for most of the pictures!
 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely!!!!! It's always fun breaking and building things.

    ReplyDelete