Monday, June 3, 2013

Next 5K- Running from/with the Sausages

 
All signed up for my next 5K as of yesterday. This is one I have wanted to do for awhile, but it sells out every year. Everyone who knows me knows I love mascots and on July 20th I will have the opportunity to run with some of my favorites. These guys:
I am also pretty excited that the race is at Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers, and that we get to run inside the stadium on the warning track. A friend of mine and his wife also plan on doing the race. I am hoping some of the girls from the Racine Mom's Run This Town group will do it too. I really want to focus on running on this one and try and beat my PR.
 
 After this race I might do the Electric Run in Racine in August, but my big goal is the Brewers 10K in September. This will be the first run I will earn a medal for my new medal holder I made this weekend. I am planning on signing up for it in a few weeks.
 I figured why spend so much money on one when I could make it myself. I hung them up in my foyer yesterday so I am reminded everyday to work on my fitness goals.
 
What is the next run/event you have planned?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment