Monday, May 26, 2014

Color Run Racine Recap- Happiest 5k on Earth

Pre leaving the house selfie
 
Sat morning I got up bright and early to go pick up my friend Kelly and her friend Debbie for the Color Run in Racine, WI. Kelly and I had gone to Racine to get our packets. This year we got a shirt, headband, tattoos, messenger bag, and bracelet. I also bought some chevron knee socks and Kelly got some bandanas. I wore my tutu I made last week, you can read about that here. We got to the race about 8:15 and found good parking. The weather was gorgeous, much better than last year. It was bout 65 degrees or so and very sunny. Parking was a bit of a walk but in the end, very easy to get out of and worth the spot. We got to the corral around 8:45am and ended up being in the 4th wave. They had shorter waves this year which was much better than last.
Another pre race selfie


Corral selfie
 
Kelly in the corral


Kelly and Debbie ready to run

Looking at the beautiful weather, actually this was probably an accidental shot


We're ready for the Color Run!
 
Kelly headed out in front of us and I stuck with Debbie. She had a similar pace than me so it worked out great. We wound up running the entire race, minus through the color as you really can not see through some of the areas. First was pink, then purple (new this year), blue, and finally yellow. This year I ran with water since there is only one water station and it was pretty hot. We finished in 37:23, which was slower than last year, but I felt better and had a lot of run! Next year I think we will take the princess with us.


Finish line
 
Post race Kelly


Post race Debbie


Kelly and I post race


Me post race


Kelly and Debbie


I rocked one

Getting ready to throw the color


Letting the color go!


So pretty!


Color blowing in the wind

 
Got green this year, my favorite color!
All in all another successful, well put on Color Run. These races are fun and well organized. I hope they keep coming back to Racine. After the race we made our traditional stop at Mars Cheese Castle for meat and cheese. Always a good time!
 
Have you done a Color Run before?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment