Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up- Back on WW and A Running Skirt Project

Hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was not too shabby! Friday I decided I wanted to make a tutu for the Color Run Racine next Sat. So I headed out to Hobby Lobby and got tulle in white, green w/ sparkles, orange w/ sparkles, hot pink, and hot green. I also got some elastic to make the band. That night I decided I wanted to make my tutu, I found a bunch of good websites with instructions on it. First off, the glitter tulle made a huge mess on the couch. Probably won't be getting glitter tulle again. It only took about an hour to make, I'll take better pictures Sat at the race but here is a preview:
Doesn't he look hot?
 
Friday I also signed up for Weight Watchers for the 3rd time. The first time I did it was in 2010 and I was very successful. I lost 40 plus pounds. Well in 2011 and 2012 I gained back 25 of it. I tried it again last year and lost nothing. I totally cheated myself and was not as serious about tracking food. I would sneak treats and not record them. We just booked our return trip to Mexico last week and I am determined to succeed again. I am hoping with my running and healthy eating I can stick with it this time. Here was Friday's lunch:
Trader Joe's chicken sausage and a yummy salad in my TMNT bowl, don't judge
Saturday I ran my first 10 miles. Afterwards I had lunch and took L to the park. It was not too crowded so we had a lot of the park to ourselves, always a bonus. We had lots of slide races and a few rock wall climbs.
On the swinging bench
 
Enjoying the park
After the park we headed home to get ready for dinner at Chili's. We shared chips, salsa, and guac and I enjoyed the Lighter Choice 6 oz Sirloin.
 
Sunday was chore day. I reorganized our craft area downstairs.
Now L can easily get to her coloring and games. I surprisingly was not very sore today after yesterday. I managed to get 30,000 steps on the Fitbit yesterday, this was a first! After all chores were done, we headed back to the park for an hour. She got in trouble for climbing up the slide, since there are so many kids we need to just go down the slides, if not we might get hurt. When I asked her why she did it her answer was "I thought you were not looking." Honest yes, but wrong still. We headed home after the park and took a nice walk around the neighborhood before I cooked dinner. I made an excellent WW Shepard's Pie and Reduced fat crescent rolls. So good!!
 
Up next weekend is the Color Run, let's hope for good weather.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment