Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up- Orchard Fun!

We had a very nice weekend this weekend. Justin's parents were going to visit us this weekend, but turned out they could not. We did not really have any plans but we made the best of it, we even had a three day weekend as we are off Monday.
 
Friday we did our standard errands. I went to Goodwill before Justin got home and got 3 pairs of jeans. One was a pair of Gap jeans still with the tags for $7.99. I also got a new Bears sweater at the mall on sale.
 
Saturday I did the traditional swapping of the summer for fall/winter clothes. I was able to purge a lot of out dated and small clothes to donate. That night we went to Chili's for dinner and had their new two for $35 meal. We each had a margarita (mine Mango and his Raspberry), shared guac and chips, I had sirloin and Justin a burger and we split the lava cake. All really yummy!
Margaritas

My dinner

Justin's


Lava Cake!
Sunday we went and did something I have not done before, went apple picking. We went to a local Orchard called Harvest Time Orchard. I highly recommend this orchard in Twin Lakes, WI. We got there and bought fresh made donuts, they were very good! They have fresh Apple Cider, Mums for sale, pick your own pumpkins, and more. They even had a jazz band playing.
Barn where you can order donuts, buy meat and cheese, brats, and more!
 

Don't want to pick your own pumpkins, they did it for you.

The mums were very pretty
 
After that we headed out to the orchard to pick apples. They had Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Macintosh, Honey Crisp, Gala, Jonathan, and Empire. We got all but the Delicious ones as they are not our style.

All apples were nicely marked


Pick us a winner Justin

The fields


My first time picking, these were Empire. Sporting my new Bears sweater too.
We got two big bags for $10. I now need to figure out what to make with all these apples.
 
Did you start any new fall traditions this year?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment