Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Welcome Forerunner 10- Initial Review

 
Yesterday Garmin Forerunner 10 arrived in the mail and I was super excited. I have been using a heart rate monitor for over 3 years now and love my Polar F7 so much. I decided if I was going to be running outside then my F7 needed a friend. Enter Forerunner 10 into the scene. What first attracted me to FR10 was the fact it came in green, which just so happens to be my favorite color :).
 
When it came yesterday I took it out and charged it and got it all connected to the computer. I registered for Garmin Connect and got that all setup. Today I decided to give it a whirl after work. I figured I would just take a quick mile around the neighborhood to see how it worked. Well the run was not bad actually 12:27 mile, besides the fact it was 37 degrees out and I was not prepared for that! Feature I love so far are having the pace and distance right on the display, those are my two most important things right now. Second I love the pace feature where you could put in a goal pace and it notifies you if you are under pace or above.
 
The Garmin Connect is pretty cool and very similar to Endomondo's site. I was able to see my route right on the screen. Also it tracked the ups and downs of my pace and the elevation throughout the run. I am looking forward to being able to track all this. I also like that you can sync it to dailymile, although I have not figured that out yet.
 
All in all the first impression is a good one. I am looking forward to taking it out again this weekend when it is closer to 60 degrees out!
 
Do you have any experience with any of the Forerunners? What do you like/dislike about them?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment