Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 2 Long Island Lookout!

Day 2 we took our adventure to Long Island.  The morning started out with heading to Starbucks for a quick coffee and then off the Avis to rent this guy:
Nice slate blue Altima.  I was very excited since I own a Sentra, I mean it is the same brand how different could they be? So we turned out of the 90th street Avis and headed for the FDR towards Queens.  As we were driving I noticed the car engine was really loud.  We continued towards the Tri-boro bridge and the sounds got louder.  Andrea was wondering if the parking break was on.  She was like "Is the parking break on?" Me: "I don't think so." Drea: "Where is the parking break?" Me: Is it in the middle?"  Drea: "No I think it is near your foot."  Me "Oh I see it what should I do?" Drea "Pull over" Me "On the highway?  Is that legal" Drea "You are having a car emergency pull over."
  So I pulled over and clicked the break in and out.  And then we were off again.
Continuing down the highway I noticed the sound is still so loud.  I was saying why is this car so loud?  Who would buy a car this loud?  Drea asked if the car was a manual and I said no.  She asked if there was a clutch and I said no.  I noted that on my dash it normally says D when the car is in drive but this one said M1.  The it clicked, this car was a manual/ automatic and I had it in the manual gear.
I drove it in the manual gear for about 5 minutes.  I got it up to 4th and was like "4th gear must be the limit there is no way there is a 5th".  I hit the shifter "There is a 5th!" I hit it again "there is a 6th!".  As we were merging onto the Northern State Parkway I slowed the car down and threw it in D and it moved into automatic.  We were on our way to Commack!
First stop was Michael's Crafts #1.  Emphasis on the #1.  I saw the largest coffee cup ever:
I got this Giant's flag and Foam Easter House

and this Snoopy flag:
Next we headed to Smithtown to see Grandma.  We brought grandma cookies and showed her pictures in her room.  We had gone to a bakery that morning to get her cookies and my rainbow cookies.  I accidentally made her bed alarm go off and they had to come turn it off.
Grandma and her cookies
Grandma and me

Grandma and Andrea
Grandma and me

We decided to see if Grandma wanted to take us on a tour of where she lived.  Well as soon as she saw her friends she made a bee line to them.  We eventually went on a mini tour and then let her go back to her friends.  Next stop was West Babylon NY to visit Andrea's friend Jamie at Starbucks.  We had a nice visit with her before heading to Bay Shore to go to Target and another Michael's.  We looked for the Knifty Knitter hooks and yet again none to be found.  The nice lady called Westbury to see if they had them and they did.  So I said to put four on hold.  Next we went to Target where I got a Giants Superbowl shirt and a box to ship my clothes back in.  Andrea stocked up on stuff she needed and got a new laptop bag.
After Bay Shore we headed to Westbury to go to Michael's #3.  I ran in and got the 4 Knifty Knitter hooks and then headed to Nathan's for some dinner.
After we got back I worked on and finished Andrea's hat to wear on our hike the next day.  Who says I can't whip up a hat in 2 hours, oh yeah!
Andrea worked on laundry and I got caught up on Jersey Shore and the Challenge. Stay tuned for day 3... the big hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment