Friday, February 10, 2012

Our Love Story- LINK UP

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Justin and I started officially dating May 16, 2001.  Here is our first photo together taken at Landmark Lanes in Peoria.
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met for the first time at our friends Bethany, Julia, and Katie's house on Barker Ave near Bradley.  I had come over with my friend Mandy and we were hanging out with Justin and Bethany watching classic rock music videos on VH1.  We did not really get to talk though until Bedrock at Pi Kap.
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
We were married May 14, 2005, so 6 1/2 wonderful years!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
You can read all about our wedding here- Our Wedding
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Poor Justin gets called pretty much whatever comes out of my mouth.  I would say the one that has stuck all these years is Buddy.  He usually just calls me my name :)
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
1. He is a hard worker and dedicated to what he does.
2. He always encourages me to do the things I love and is very supportive.
3. He is funny, goofy, and fun like me. 
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Picture this December 20th, 2003 a dark Olive Garden parking lot about an hour before Lord of the Rings Return of the Kings :).  Yes that was our proposal and I would not trade it for the world!  It was not originally how Justin planned (it was going to be in Olive Garden but I had to pee) but that's fine with me.  I will have to write a post about it one day. 
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
I guess he would be a flowers and stuffed animal (we do not do just teddy bears) kind of guy but sometimes (depending on the occasion) he can be the champagne and strawberries guy.  Sometimes he is an Admiral Akbar for Valentine's Day kind of guy.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
If we are in Mexico I am a candle light dinner girl but if we have had a hard week I am a relax on the couch with a movie or play XBox girl.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I would love to go back to Mexico every year if we could.  Maybe go to a different Karisma resort every year.  I would also like to travel to Ireland, Scotland, Italy, and England with him.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. 
We are going to Ram Brewery tomorrow night for dinner and to see Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D Sunday.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
I already got a nice necklace from Kay's and we are looking for something else at the mall tomorrow.  Maybe a new purse.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 
Communication and honesty.  Also finding the things you love to do together (even if they are small) and doing them as often as possible!
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
My Husband, me, and our favorite place!

No comments:

Post a Comment