Thursday, May 23, 2013

Adventure in Weightloss, an Update


If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you would notice that I have been posting a lot of food pictures lately. I know they are not the most interesting pictures, but they help me remember what I made and provide others ideas for dinners. A few weeks ago I decided to give up frozen dinner for awhile. I was over doing them and eating 1-2 of them a day, it just seemed like too much sodium and processed food. So 3 weeks later and I still have not eaten them and I feel pretty good! I am down almost 3 pounds and are starting to really see improvements. I am still following Weight Watchers and working out consistently. Running has probably help a lot also, but I have also been trying to lift weights.
 
 I wanted to share some of the ways I have been trying to incorporate my veggies and fruit into my meals.
 
I just used this for the first time today and it is GREAT for cutting up fruits and not having them roll into my main meal. It is also dishwasher and microwave safe, score.
Believe it or not I got this from eating Lean Cuisines.
 
Next I have been trying to incorporate egg whites more and veggies. I have found awesome egg bowl recipes from Hungry Girl.
Portobello mushroom with bulgur wheat, veggies, and yogurt. Yum!

One of the Hungry Girl egg bowls, fruit, and Fruit Water

A typical breakfast, English muffin, fruit, and yogurt

More Egg Bowl!
 
The only frozen food I am eating lately is ice cream and Boca burgers. I have figured out how to make an excellent Boca burger salad. Also I have tried to stay really hydrated. I drink a lot of water today and have only been drinking Nuun when I work out. I find it is easy on the stomach and is really refreshing. I also will drink half a tablet of Nuun all day throughout the day.
 
What have you done lately to try and eat healthier??
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment