Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Running Forward- Summer Running Goals

Keeping up the momentum
 
So with my first official 5K behind me, I have to keep up the momentum and keep running. Next up is the Dirty Girl Mud run at the end of June. This will require weight training as well so I can get up and over the hurdles.
 
Yesterday I ran on the treadmill for the first time since Saturday. The knee pain returned in my left knee. It is weird, it is like a soreness more than a stabbing pain and is kinda to the side of my knee. Like it is joint or ligament pain. Whatever it is, it is annoying! I know a lot of the ladies whose blogs I read have been plagued with injuries and I know I can power through.


Even with the knee pain I managed to get through 5 miles on the treadmill, the longest I have gone in awhile. I have found the Nike + app to be a huge motivator when running indoors and out. Who does not love getting little achievements and want to run further/faster to see this:
After Dirty Girl I am hoping to do another 5k or even an 8k or 10k. I want to see how far I can go.
 
What are your fitness goals for the summer?
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment