Thursday, March 15, 2012

30 Things Day 1- 20 Things You Don't Know About Me

List 20 random facts about yourself.
Ok this will take some thought.

1. I am a QVCaholic.  I love watching QVC, especially is nothing else is on.  I usually do not care what is on it either (unless it is jewelry which I hate to watch for some reason).  I rarely actually order anything from the channel but I just enjoy watching it.

2. One of my first pets as a child was a hermit crab named Harry.  Harry did not live long.  One of my first pets after we got married was 2 hermit crabs- Ermey and Carmine.

3.  I love crafting- scrapbooking, knitting, painting, you name it if I am making something I want to try it.

4. I am a HUGE reality tv fan.  It all started in the early 90s with my love for Real World and Road Rules on MTV.

5. I LOVE mascots!  Mostly baseball mascots (we have 15 plus stuffed ones and 4 are Phillie Phanatics)
6. Taco Bell is my favorite fast food restaurant.  I like it so much we have been eating there every Friday night for almost 7 years.
7. I play Gears of War 3.  Many people know about my husband's love of the Gears series but not so many people know about my love of the game.  I like to think I am pretty good!

8. I really dig Kevin Smith movies minus Jersey Girl (what was he thinking).  I know Mallrats by heart.

9. I have seen Jessica Simpson in concert.  Wow embarrassing I know. Back sometime in the mid 2000s there was a radio contest to win concert tickets.  They wanted to know which hip hop guy was creating a cartoon.  So I called in to Kiss FM because I knew Andre 3000 was the answer and I won.  So Bonnie and I got to see Jessica Simpson and her sister Ashlee in concert.  It was the Reality Tour when she was still married to Nick.
10. My first job ever was cashier for Schlotzky's and all 3 restaurants I worked at have since closed.  I loved working there summers in between college and I never got sick of there food.  The one I worked at in Cordova, TN was robbed while I was at college so thankfully I was not there.  I also worked at Schamburg and Elk Grove Village.

11. My second job was teaching swimming at Schaumburg Park District's Water Works.  I went in to apply for a job as a slide attendant.  They asked if I liked kids and I said yes.  They hired me as a swim instructor even though the only swim stroke I knew was freestyle.  Needless to say I learned more and the kids learned to swim.

12. I love baseball!! I have been a Yankee fan since birth and in 2005 I adopted the Phillies as my second favorite team.  We are going to see the Phillies twice this year.

13. My first car was a 1975 Green Duster named Mr. Car.  I loved that car even though he was huge, had no air conditioner, had no speedometer until junior year of college, and hated going up hill in the morning.

14. When I grew up I wanted to be a lawyer.  I was in mock trial all 4 years of high school.

15. I used to be a ballerina.  I started taking dance in 2nd grade and continued until I left for college.  Over the years I did ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, and point.  I loved ballet and point.

16. I entertain myself and my husband by making up nonsensically impromptu songs about what ever situation we are in or whatever is in the room.

17. I like to travel but love going to El Dorado Royale in Rivera Maya Mexico most of all.  I would go there once a year if I could.
18. Thankfully I have never broken a bone (knock on wood) or have need any surgery other than my wisdom teeth removed in 2004.

19. I may love Mexico and the beach but I will take 30 degree weather over 100 degrees any day.

20. Woohoo made it to 20 :).  My favorite color is green.  I used to buy most of my clothes in green, even the shoes.  Thankfully I have learned to branch out in the color wheel.



No comments:

Post a Comment