Wednesday, March 21, 2012

30 things- Day 6 What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

Day 6- What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?

We all have hard times in our lives.  Whether it is a death in the family or a spouse being deployed.  For me the hardest thing was getting laid off.  It was during the recession back in 2009. It's not that I thought I was immune it was that our company had told us they were done with layoffs.  I saw a mysterious meeting invite on my calendar and for some reason just thought "I am losing my job."  It was a job I loved and was good at, so I took it pretty hard.  Another girl I was close with at work also was impacted and we helped each other threw it.  It was a rough 3 months that I was jobless.  Each day was a roller coaster of emotions.  I hated that I was not working or being productive (I was still contributing to the house hold with my severance).  

Needless to say everything worked out in the end for the better.  The company I started with that fall eventually bought my old company and now I work for them both.  A position opened in my department last fall and the I told the girl who was laid off with me (she was working at another company).  She was hired in Nov and is still on our team.  Funny how things come full circle in the end.  This was truly one life experience I hope to never have to go through again.


No comments:

Post a Comment